'70 evinrude 60hp. cant get water to flow.

hey guys im new on here but have been readin thru the forums anytime i had questions that needed answered. i got a 1970evinrude 60 hp with push button shift. the water pump is in good shape and the impellor looks brand new. its not spittin water out the back like its suppose to with a flush attatchment. also its not shiftin. im asuming i got the wires mixed up on the shiftin part but with the cooling i was wonder how to clean the lines. cuz im guessing ants proll got it blocked or somthein. thanks guys.

tired evinrude

Seaman Apprentice
Re: '70 evinrude 60hp. cant get water to flow.

take the lower unit off.take a washuing machine hose cut off one end.hook it to the pickup tube turn on hose full.another way is to shoot 120 psi of air.good luck.

thanks alot. ill give it a shot. i dont have an air compressor but the hose idea sounds like it will knock the stuff out.

this may sound dumb but the water is suppose to come out the back of the exhaust housing right? and if i shoot the water up the tube will it come out? cuz i shot the water up and it made a funny sound then started comin back out the other tube thats right next to it.