How can I tell if my OB is a Bigfoot model or not?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: How can I tell if my OB is a Bigfoot model or not?

1) Prop diameter. Non-big foot (1.83:1) runs a 10-1/2 inch prop. Big Foot runs a 13-14 inch prop. OR 2) Turn the engine by hand while counting prop revolutions. 2.34 turns of the flywheel to make the prop turn once = Big Foot. 1.83 turns of the flywheel to make the prop turn once = non-Big Foot. 3) Look at the cowl. If it's a Big Foot it will say "Big Foot". 4) Look at the label on the lower unit above the prop. The gear ratio is indicated if the label is still there.

Bushy99

Seaman Apprentice
Re: How can I tell if my OB is a Bigfoot model or not?

1) Prop diameter. Non-big foot (1.83:1) runs a 10-1/2 inch prop. Big Foot runs a 13-14 inch prop. OR 2) Turn the engine by hand while counting prop revolutions. 2.34 turns of the flywheel to make the prop turn once = Big Foot. 1.83 turns of the flywheel to make the prop turn once = non-Big Foot. 3) Look at the cowl. If it's a Big Foot it will say "Big Foot". 4) Look at the label on the lower unit above the prop. The gear ratio is indicated if the label is still there.

Got it. Thanks. I figured it was an easy question. Learn something every day on here.