Albany NY boat ramps

gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Going to hit the Hudson Friday morning for a few hours. Anyone familiar with the ramp at the Erastus Corning Riverfront Preserve. Plan on fishing from there north to Troy. My kid is at RPI in Troy, and want to take her and her friends for a boat ride after fishing...

How's the ramp? How's the parking? ny.gov website says parking for 15 rigs. Does that fill up this time of year on a Friday morning?

Thanks in advance..
Gary

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/23912.html

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Albany NY boat ramps

hi gary, well i mite be a little late to answer your question. the ramp is OK, not great & no where to tie up. it's a concrete launch with very little protection so if it's choppy, your boat may get scraped - be careful & you'll be OK. parking is great!!! plenty to go around! lotsa room to launch so you're OK there!

i've never been to the launch in Delmar but i hear it's terrific. Delmar is about 10 miles south of albany & it's free as well.

gd luck, the stripers are definitly running!

gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dave,
A little late, but thanks for the reply. Ramp worked out fine. It is semi-protected (concrete break-wall), and I like the way it parallels the river, so you're not affected by the current. The floating dock is kinda strange to walk on, but you're right, no cleats. Luckily I was not alone. Lot by the ramp was almost full, I think I got the last parking spot. Probably could have gone back to the first lot on the way in of I needed to.

Thanks again,
Gary

Ricky Bobby

Recruit

Hey Gary next time your this way and looking for a nice place to Boat/fish checkout Saratoga Lake.We been going here for a few years and it's wonderful!;) it's only 10-15 min. from Troy if ya come up the Northway i87 north and if you really want a nice lake about 30 miles up from that Lake George is Awesome!:cool: