Exhaust Manifolds

brendanstl

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I had a cracked manifold and decided to buy a pair from a guy on feebay. Before I bought the manifolds I did some checking online to see if these would work since the ones I was buying were stamped with Mercruiser and the ones I had were not, through my search I found that the ones on feebay would fit all 350 mags to present. One thing I didnt notice was the fact that the ones I bought (lower manifold in picture) did not have the drain plugs on the bottom like the manifolds I had (upper manifold in picture).

What I was wondering is do I really need the drain plugs and is it an accurate statement to say that these new manifolds arent any different beside the fact that they don't have the drains, everything else looks identical.

Old manifold part number is 87114BC2 and the number on the new ones is 860246C

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0270.JPG
    IMAG0270.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 2

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Exhaust Manifolds

What I was wondering is do I really need the drain plugs

Ayuh,... You Absolutely Need a drainplug....

Just "T" off the lower hose,+ put it There...;)

Other than that yes, they're the Same...

brendanstl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ayuh,... You Absolutely Need a drainplug....

Just "T" off the lower hose,+ put it There...;)

Other than that yes, they're the Same...

What is the reasoning that the old ones had drains and the new don't? Where can I find a proper t for it or a mercury part for it?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

You already have it installed all you need are the blue drain plugs that go into the bottom hole in the fitting
18.png

brendanstl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You already have it installed all you need are the blue drain plugs that go into the bottom hole in the fitting
18.png

Thanks Doctur, I should have updated my post, I did some searching and found what I needed. Only one of the manifolds had the T on it the other is missing one. One other question,,,,, How can I clean all the rust out of the manifolds, thermostat housing, water pump and possibly the intake manifold before put the motor back together or should I not worry about it and just let it clean out when the water pumps through it?

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Your pics show part 5 on one manifold and 15 on the other. Use 15 (with 16 and 17).

brendanstl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Your pics show part 5 on one manifold and 15 on the other. Use 15 (with 16 and 17).

The manifold with the part #5 is my old manifold next to the new one and I will be using the T's with the blue plug for the new manifolds.