adjust carbs 150

ab1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My 93 150 Johnson GLETR is running great after preventative maint and a few adjustments. It sat for 1.5 years before I got it but spark, compression, fuel, vro, lines, etc are all good now. I was reading through the service manual about the carbs just to familiarize myself and the carb installation procedures say to tighten the idle, intermediate, and high speed screws but mention nothing about possibly adjusting these. I don't have it apart, I was just reading about this.

I have no reason to believe they are off, but it does idle a little high I think and I have had a high speed surge before, but that was fixed by decarb and replacing a leaking fuel hose I believe.

As an effort to optimize performance, should these screws be tightened down or should they be carefully adjusted. I have no idea how the last guy had this set up. I'm also not that familiar with adjusting carbs if it is even necessary.

ab1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: adjust carbs 150

Thanks!! I'm thrilled I don't have to adjust them. One less thing to worry about.

the carb tool you linked, is that just a screwdriver you took a grinder to? It looks like it might have a barb on it, but it might just be paint on your table.

Any further details on how to make the tool?

edit: the thread you linked shows two thumbnails of tools. One with a schematic/diagram and three examples, and another with what looks like a regular flat head next to one you made more slender. Which do I need?