Took out for first ride of the season

cuda71

Cadet
Took out the ole Lund yesterday and tried out my new Yamaha prop, little different pitch and angle but stainless steel instead of the factory aluminum, (got a great deal on ebay) get the same speed out of the boat, but I get a better hole shot and get on plane faster.

Attachments

• 100_0944_2.jpg
    100_0944_2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0943.jpg
    100_0943.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0

Billfo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Took out for first ride of the season

Looks like a nice boat & an even better looking dog!! I have a similar boat, 00 1800 Adventure but without my rock chips... :) Good news on the prop.. Getting up on plane faster is always a good feeling- as long as your max rpms dont exceed your motors limit.. So what kind of specifics can ya share ?
Boat model & year, motor hp & year, wot spped & rms.
Billfo

Took out the ole Lund yesterday and tried out my new Yamaha prop, little different pitch and angle but stainless steel instead of the factory aluminum, (got a great deal on ebay) get the same speed out of the boat, but I get a better hole shot and get on plane faster.

cuda71

Cadet

Ah sorry for the lack of specifics, used to the forum I'm on for my truck all the specs show up automatically. It's a 00 ProSport 1600 Adventure with a 100HP Yamaha 4 Stroke on the back. Got it up to 42/43mph and the lake was extremely calm, maybe with a bit of a chop might get 44 time will tell. The RPM's don't exceed the motor limits, however I forget what I was running now, I'll have to look next time I'm out. Got a few small projects to tackle before it gets back out on the water, had some time today to start cleaning up the wiring for the trolling motor, hopefully get that squared away tommorow, and I got to re-secure the license plate to the trailer as it is being held one with one plastic bolt, picked up some stainless bolts, washers and lock nuts so should be good, the plate hit a gas can when I was putting the boat in the garage, and the plastic had enough I guess, oh well if I got to fix it, it will be fixed once and it will be done right.

DonHof

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad to see you got out. It's been cold and windy here. I had my boat out once, never even finished breaking the motor in. Hope to get out Friday again,
going to be 70 and sunny.

Don

SeaNymph Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Glad to see you got out. It's been cold and windy here. I had my boat out once, never even finished breaking the motor in. Hope to get out Friday again,
going to be 70 and sunny.

Don

I know what you mean,...we have had a lot of storms,high winds,and rain here in Indiana. As of today,I am on vacation and my new A-14 will be seeing more water and running time.