1997 waverunner1200,wont start need help

Gee Waverunner

Recruit
I just bought a 1997 and 1998 waverunners and the 98 is all good. But the 97 wont start it wont do anything.The batery has 12v I checked you hit the start but not even a sound it wont light up. I took the starter relay and crossed it and it turns over. Then hit the start and it turns for a little bit but not enough. So i tryed to start it by crossing the relay but it turns but wont start. What can i do. :mad:

P.S The guy i bought it from said they just put a new motor in it last year he ran both for me but this one he had pulled a plug and he put some gas in it before it started.

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 waverunner1200,wont start need help

Do they have primers on them or stock chokes? I have 3 96 Ventures, put primers on all 3, they start WAY better cuz they get a squirt of gas and fire right up. I had almost the same problem last year, my battery read 12.5 volts on my meter, but got absolutely nothing when I pressed the start button. I took it all apart after testing everything thinking I had a bad solenoid. Well, come to find out the battery was no good even though it had 12 volts on the meter. Maybe try a different battery?

Gee Waverunner

Recruit

Thanks man. It has a choke you pull out on the side. I will try a new battery and let you know what happens.:rolleyes:

pinbodean

Seaman Apprentice

It sounds like it's in the "locked" mode. Press the mode button on the display and then press A four times. It should say start and be able to be started. Good Luck.

Bodean

Gee Waverunner

Recruit

Yea yall were both right,batery was dead and I fixed that. Still wouldnt start so i tryed unlocking it and it work.Thanks alot guys.:D