1994 bombadier

redsped117

Cadet
I have a 1994 Sea doo bombadier that has something wrong with the oil injection pump.(think thats what its called) I wanted to know if i can just cap that part of the system off and just premix my gas?

JBrecht21

Cadet
Re: 1994 bombadier

yes u can,

Remove the driveshaft and replace the pump leave the cable conected to the pump so the throttle tension stays the same, leave some oil in the tank for the rotary valve and cabletie the sending unit in the up position so your oil light stays off. make a closed loop from one oil nipple to the other to avoid a vacume leak in the rotary valve compartment. just close off the oil line to the oil pump. remone the inline filter to the pump and replace it with a solid rod or other item that will plug off the oil going to the pump, remove the fuel filler cap and on the flange where the filler is mounted to the hull get some 1/2 in vinyl letters from office depo and letter the filler flange PRE-MIX-OIL. when the gas cap is in place it will hide the letters but when it is removed for fueling it will be there for someone to see and prevent some fool from adding straight gas to the tank. that was my fear when I went to pre mix so I lable my filler it's easy to do . as for adding oil to the gas I mix 4 oz per gallon of no ash oil, you use what you like.but tcw3 no ash is all you need.