1998 Mercury 150 EFI

ksimmo

Recruit
Hey Guys,

I'm having a couple issues with my 1998 Mercury 150 EFI and I was hoping I could get some input. First off, I've been on the water about ten times so far this year and this fuel problem just started happening this past weekend. When I first start idling the engine acts as though it's running out of gas and eventally dies. After that I can't get it started until I pump the primer bulb. After that it fires right up. I don't have a problem when I get it on plane. Also, I just changed the primer bulb and fuel lines. Could this be fuel pump or fuel filter? This problem is intermttent and sometimes idles just fine, although it did seem to be happening more and more throughout the weekend, My alarm issue started happening a couple weeks ago, but I thought I figured it out by messing with the trim, figuring the oil level was bieng affected by the position of the motor. However, it started sounding again this weekend. It only seems to happen when I'm about half throttle in rough water. At wide open throttle on calm water everything is fine. The horn sounds for just a second and I'll throttle way down. I installed a water pressure gauge and I'm getting, according to other posts, the right amount of water pressure. Also the alarm itself was just installed a couple months back. Any ideas on either issue would be MUCH appreciated. Other than those two issues it's a great motor. Thanks in advance!!