trimming help

il_river

Recruit
Good day all i Have a 1996 glastron 195se Volvo penta sx outdrive. I recently installed a swim platform for polyswimplatforms.com I was very disappointed with it because it looked weak bit now that i have it installed i am more then happy with it cost and construction was great! But any way on to my current problem after installed the platform as high as i can the out drive in the up most position comes in contact slightly with the platform. Is there a way to set a limit switch to stop the trim from going ALL the way up? thanks for any help in advance. BOAT SOON I HOPE!!!

Re: trimming help

bump...
i have the same problem on my glastron (2006 gx185) so im currious if there is a way to limit the outdrive movement.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

I don't know if there is a limit.But you can put a trim guage in the system.J

il_river

Recruit

it does have a trim gauge in it but it does not seem to be very accurate seems a bit "lagy". do you think i could take the trim pistons to a hydraulic shop and have them install some kind of stop internally so it travels less in the up direction? a bushing of some kind perhaps. I will look into getting a new gauge asap though thanks for any help you can give me.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

With a little tinkering I don't see any reason why you could not use a limit switch for a mercruser.It will fit the pivot pin on your drive and the switch could be connected to the trim up relay Just a idea,hope it works

il_river

Recruit

That is a great idea i could use it interrupt the 12 volt lead going to the pump as long as it would not stop it from coming back down. Does the pump run in reverse to come down or does it operate a value to go down?

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The trim system uses 2 double throw relays,When pressing up one relay closes a 12v circuit to the pump motor while the other relay compleats the ground.When pressing down every things just reversed.the blue circuit is always UP and the green is down.(green grass-blue skyes)