Replacement fuse block

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hi all,
Newbie to wiring and trying to get all my lights and other accessories to work (horn, stereo, etc) on my 1988 Maxum 1700. I've tracked it down to the fuse panel and replaced all the fuses and still no luck. I removed it and tried cleaning with steel wool and sandpaper but still can't get all the terminals to work well so I figured I should replace it while I have it out. Question is what should I replace it with? I'm assuming I should go with the blade type but not sure which would work with the setup I have. I've attached a photo of it. Can you all recommend a replacement that I should get?
Thanks much!

Attachments

• IMG_9005.JPG
    IMG_9005.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 0

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Replacement fuse block

I think you have other issues as that fuse panel does not look bad. But if you prefer to throw a new panel at the issue then one like this will do. The only differences between what you have and a blade type of panel is 1) the style of fuse, 2) additiion of a ground buss (the ground lugs in the lower right corner) and 3) a much better panel. However, the new panel won't correct bad wiring, bad switches, and a bad feed to the panel in the first place. "I figure" is never a substitute for good troubleshooting.

fuseblock.jpg

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the response and recommendation. As i mentioned i don't know much about this at all but can do simple testing with a multimeter and continuity. I tested the wiring at the helm from the battery and all checks out ok so I'm getting 12 volts to the fuse block. When I removed it i checked continuity between the far side of each fuse and the wire connection tab and can only get one to work (all fuses are new). This is why I "figured" it was time for a new block.

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh and by the way, on that recommendation, can you let me know the part number, link or what its called so I can google it.
Thanks