Possible spun hub?

Millertimefl

Cadet
I have a 76 25 hp Johnson (25R76E) and I had trouble last time out when shifting into fwd from idle...it would not move. Tried it a few times and it finally would spin the prop. I got it back and noticed that the prop nut was really loose (always felt loose, but not this bad) and the prop seemed a little looser then it should on the hub. I started it on muffs and put it into gear and the prop nut would spin, but no connection to the prop. The prob would barely spin but I could stop it with any resistance. Not sure if that is just because it is out of the water or not. Anyway does this sound like a spun hub? I can kinda feel where the porp nut will lock to the prop with some pressure on it. Thanks...

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Possible spun hub?

Actually, it's probably the drive pin behind the prop that is bad. It must have sheared off. That will let the shaft spin without turning the prop. Pull the prop and you'll see it, or what's left of it.

Part Number: 0307949
Description: DRIVE PIN
Pack Qty: 10
Dimensions: 3.00 x 1.50 x 0.15 (in)

Millertimefl

Cadet
Re: Possible spun hub?

Good call! I took off the prop and that pin behind the prod that goes through the shaft was in 2 pieces! Thanks

Attachments

• proppin.JPG
    proppin.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 0