air fuel mixture

seapro25

Recruit
i have a 2007model 25hp mercury sea pro 2stroke made by tohatsu
i have removed the inlet restrictor and advanced the timing to 25deg which is the same as the 30hp model
does any one know how to adjust the air fuel mixture correctly?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: air fuel mixture

i have a 2007model 25hp mercury sea pro 2stroke made by tohatsu
i have removed the inlet restrictor and advanced the timing to 25deg which is the same as the 30hp model

You now run the risk of detonating a piston...

seapro25 said:
does any one know how to adjust the air fuel mixture correctly?

Change the carb to a 30 hp carb... You'll also need to pull the powerhead and change the exhaust tube.... or all that changing of timing and carb will be for nothing, as the exhaust back pressure will be too high (engine can't breath).

And after all that, the next poor bastard (after you sell that abortion) who tries to work on it will be stuffed up royally as now all the parts he thinks should be on it are different....

If you want a 30hp, sell the 25 and buy a 30hp....

Chris..........

seapro25

Recruit

you dont know what your talking about both engines run the same carb infact the air inlet restrictor gasket is the only part in the entire engine that is different your a dreamer achris get lost

saumon

Lieutenant

So you really think they make a different hp/model engine simply by adding a restrictor...magical thinking.

A thing that a parts diagram comparison doesn't show you is that the porting could also be different.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What restrictor? Why would you want to restrict fuel?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I have had to put 'seapro25' on my ignore list... I received some quite nasty PMs from him... and judging by what you guys ^^^ have posted, expect the same... We are all idiots who don't know what we are talking about (only he wasn't that polite). :D:D

Chris....
indifferent0020.gif

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

So you really think they make a different hp/model engine simply by adding a restrictor...magical thinking.

Seapro is correct and the Tohatsu made engine uses a inlet restricter, this and timing is only difference between the 25 and 30 hp models and this is very commonly done on the new engines. A example is the Merc 30/40 as they are the same engine , just a restricter. The Mercosil 18/20/25 is same engine just different carb. Some engines do have a porting difference, example: 2.5 150 block is ported different than a 2.5 200 block but still a 2.5.
My suggestion is before you jump on the bashing bandwagon that you know something about the engine being discussed.. And yes Seapro you were RUDE in your reply!!!!

Attachments

• 5766.jpg
    5766.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0

seapro25

Recruit

thank you at last someone who knows what they are talking about thank god there are some people out there with a brain