New signs of aging revealed!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Getting old, you sometimes realize with a start that you don't know what day it is.:eek:

Being old, you really don't care.:p

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: New signs of aging revealed!

Trouble starts when you forget the year :D

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually the REAL trouble is when it doesn't matter.:(

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

If your retired, who care's what day it is ?

Unless of course, you have a doctor's appt.:D

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Being only 44 I have noticed since turning 40 that everything is getting harder to do seeing,hearing and especially remembering. My Dad told me this was going to happen but I refused to beleive it but now all I can say is it isn't getting any better because it's pretty bad when you have to look at your drivers licence to find out how old you are!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I got where I couldn't see the date on my watch. Now that I've got a cell phone with a large font, I can see what day it is. I'll dread the day I will have to carry a magnifiying glass with me to read a menu.......

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Being only 44 I have noticed since turning 40 that everything is getting harder to do seeing,hearing and especially remembering. My Dad told me this was going to happen but I refused to beleive it but now all I can say is it isn't getting any better because it's pretty bad when you have to look at your drivers licence to find out how old you are!
HA, HA, Just wait until your 50.:D

And then it goes "swiftly" downhill from there.

Just ask JB.:D

Jeep Man

Commander

In the memorable words of my father-in-law'
"I wake in the morning with nothing I have to do...and by noon, I'm half done"

JB

Actually, I am halfway through cataract surgery. Right eye sees crystal clear now, but the left is still really poor without my glasses. So if I wear the glasses (like now) my right eye hurts (like now). If I take them off the left eye hurts.

That, and an unidentified growth in my throat, is why I stay doped up most of the time. The other eye will be done by the end of this month and the throat early next month if I can get my blood thick enough to satisfy the throat cutter. . . .er. . . .surgeon.

Now if I can just remember what day it is I am supposed to report for the eye surgery. . .:(

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You guys aren't old your experianced!!!!:D Being 26 that makes me "wet behind the ears" still !:D

I do envy you old folks though your getting close to the point in life I cant wait for........when you can finally say what ever you want to who ever you want and it wont bother anyone cause every one thinks your senile........but your real not..........well that is until you find your self giving a toddler the finger:D

All joking aside.........I prefer the older gents as your selves.....you guys have the best fire side stories!!!!! And not to mention the best education ever.....real life experiences!!

But hey when you finally cant see or hear any more I would still rather be in a boat with you guys then the young idiots who think know everything!:D:D

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

You guys aren't old your experianced!!!!:D Being 26 that makes me "wet behind the ears" still !:D

I do envy you old folks though your getting close to the point in life I cant wait for........when you can finally say what ever you want to who ever you want and it wont bother anyone cause every one thinks your senile........but your real not..........well that is until you find your self giving a toddler the finger:D

All joking aside.........I prefer the older gents as your selves.....you guys have the best fire side stories!!!!! And not to mention the best education ever.....real life experiences!!

But hey when you finally cant see or hear any more I would still rather be in a boat with you guys then the young idiots who think know everything!:D:D
Your a smart "young" man Solar.:)

tashasdaddy

take the lens out of the good eye.

Tyme2fish

Commander

WARNING TO JB: I think Tashasdaddy means for you to take the lens out of your glasses.

Don't attempt to remove the actual lens from your good eye.:eek::D:D

MrsBoatinOkie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

More importantly you'd rather be with an old fart than a young $#!% head!!

The hubby and I are apart of that "wet behind the ears" group, however our closest friends are at least 10yrs or older than us.

You can't beat experience ppl!! Our parents weren't as clueless as we once thought :D !!