Well, I was thinking about boating.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Last Thanksgiving a kitten showed up on my front porch and laid claim to same. Very friendly. Loooong black fur. It appointed me as chief slave. Because I couldn't see her in the dark I named her Spook.<br /><br />Grew a lot. Last week I took her in to be spayed and vaccinated.<br /><br />Picked him up yesterday. Yup, HIM. :eek: :confused: <br />It must have been the loooong black fur. :eek: <br /><br />(203)

scrapper

Ensign
Re: Well, I was thinking about boating.

Soooo. Is him still a him! or a her/him? :confused:

JB

I dropped off what I thought was a filly and got back a gelding.

gonefishie

Commander

When I got my kitten I thought he was a her too. Named him a girl name and call him by a girl name for about 3 months. Cat is so hard to tell.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

You mean they don't have a little sack like the poochies do?

JB

If the sack is about 1/4" and the surrounding fur is 1" it is easy to miss.<br /><br />(40)

NOSLEEP

Commander

LOL ,I'll bet its had a gender transplant. Its a<br />conspiracy. Maybe it would make a good roll model<br /> for the other cats in the neighborhood. :p

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Ever tried to look at an unwilling cat's "pootie"?<br /><br />Oh yeah, easy to miss!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NOSLEEP:<br /> LOL ,I'll bet its had a gender transplant. Its a<br />conspiracy. Maybe it would make a good roll model<br /> for the other cats in the neighborhood. :p
Is this cat working as a substitute teacher? ;)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by gstanton:<br /> Ever tried to look at an unwilling cat's "pootie"?<br /><br />Oh yeah, easy to miss!
:eek: Cant say I have. And would advise you not to mention that in public any more. :D

Chopper Doc

Seaman Apprentice

Dude, it's a cat who cares? It's not like it's a dog. A dog will love you. A cat could care less. You think that cat likes you cause it rubs against your leg? Wrong, cats rub against you because it is marking its territory. It has scent glands under its chin. The cat owns you. You are its slave. A dog will save your life. A cat will crap in a box in your house. If you have a cat in your house you have a box of crap in your house. My wife likes cats, I do not. Women like cats because men hate them. It is a conspiracy dude. Think about it. Things with slitted pupils are usually evil. Most American venomous snakes have slitted pupils and are compared to satan. Hmmmm, cats have slitted pupils, think about it.<br /><br />Wes

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

My wife has cats, I do not like them. The only time they bother you is when the food is gone. I have a dog, he loves me, he could care less if the dish is full or empty, he just wants to roll over and shake paws and do something for me.

JB

Sorry, Chopper. I think you are out of line. Nobody asked you if you care or if you like cats, or why.<br /><br />I am not going to knock dogs. I love dogs.<br /><br />Cats differ in their personalities as much as do people and dogs. You are gonna like some and not like others. Some are gonna like you, others will not. Do you wonder why?

Chopper Doc

Seaman Apprentice

LOL, obviously I have offended you JB. I didn't mean to. It's just a cat :) I wish my wifes cat did not like me. But it does. It even tries to lick me. I really hate that. Cats like people who tend to ignore them. Cats do not like to be looked straight into their eyes. So they are more comfortable around people who tend not to mess with them as much. Most men don't like cats, however, it is strange that you do. I wish you and your cat well. I wouldn't take him fishing with me though, cats like fish. And they hate water. Kinda strange isn't it?

PuckHog

Seaman

Most animals (including many humans) don't like to be looked straight in the eyes, viewing it as confrontational behaviour. As far as cats on boats, they have a long seafaring history as ratters on long journeys. Part of the reason they are so widespread. Not so strange.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

My daugther's cat was 6 months old when we took it to the vet to be spayed, thinking it is a her. The vet even open (it) up nad cannot find the ovaries, He then check to see if he is a he and sure enough, it is a he. He has to close him up and does the next think and to cut it off. He charge me for BOTH operation!!! Highway robbery.

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by beezee28:<br /> My daugther's cat was 6 months old when we took it to the vet to be spayed, thinking it is a her. The vet even open (it) up nad cannot find the ovaries, He then check to see if he is a he and sure enough, it is a he. He has to close him up and does the next think and to cut it off. He charge me for BOTH operation!!! Highway robbery.
Sounds like a vet I would never want to go back to. I thought a VET was supposed to KNOW what sex of animal they are working on, and not take the owners word for it. I guess he missed class that day in vet school. :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

JB I spoke with a woman today who adopted a stray... long story short she felt obligated to get this female fixed..... vet called her and told her to pick up her little girl and when a cat is fixed it is only required once!!! The cat was already spay.<br /><br /> :D