Why to always sight in your gun before you go hunting

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Why to always sight in your gun before you go hunting

I can't believe the deer actually stood there for three shots. Ole' boy couldn't figure out how to compensate could he? :D :D <br /><br />Oh well,<br />I once drove 10 hours to get to hunting grounds, got up and rode in another 15 miles and saw two caribou. Pulled out the rifle and took two shots. Never saw where they hit, but I know where they didn't hit. Man, caribou can really move!!!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

OMG...OMG...OM,G :rolleyes:

capedave

Cadet

On the third shot you think he would have compensated, a little to the right.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hey Pa, I thunk there's sumthin wrong with tha shootin iron!

heycods

Captain

I think that was my grandson shooting at his first deer. the gun was on and so were the shakes. :D

ratracer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> I can't believe the deer actually stood there for three shots. Ole' boy couldn't figure out how to compensate could he?
Not that unusual....sometimes they'll jump and run a few steps at the sound of the shot, then stop and start looking around to see what the fuss was all about. I've seen it more than once. Those are the ones that tend to get subtracted from the gene pool. <br /><br />The smart ones dig in and keep on running after they hear the first shot.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

He would have had better luck hitting him over the head....Missing wide left twice, maybe.....Three times? Needs to use his 'Good eye' methinks.....JK