Make You Own Windshield?

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Anybody tried making their own windshield like mine? Mines there and it might polish up, but its got a crack in one spot and another that looks like it was shot, so there is a hole that spidered. Are any of the plexi materials you can pick up at the big box stores flexiable enough to make that bend. Was thinking I could make a paper template of the old one and cut it out flat on the new material and pray that it would bend. Ive bent plexi before by holding it in a hot oven but nothing this large and it always got a bit of a wavy look. Heat gun maybe? Sorry Im thinking/typing out loud.... :redface:

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Make You Own Windshield?

lexan is my choice... ive done many snowmobile windsheilds and simply used a heat gun. it forms/bends very easily, and is much better than plexi!

your windshield is doable with only one downfall i can see. you wont be able to form the original bubble curve(top to bottom) i shouldnt say cant, but it would be very hard to do on such a long peice and make it look the same all the way.
but if you dont mind a flat windshield, the side curves would be extremely easy.