Yikes . . . No holes???

Expidia

Commander
My Daughter bought a utility trailer to tote her Canoe behind her car.

This was a few years ago and I just noticed even though she has a 4 hole spare the hubs on her trailer have no holes.

How does one change a tire? Do the bearing buddies come off and one has to remove the hub nut?

Thx

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Yikes . . . No holes???

I have a boat trailer that had wheels and hubs as single units. It had a 3/4" axle. About a week after I got it, I ordered new hubs for it that had a standard bolt pattern for standard wheels. The hubs, plus wheels and tires, cost me about $120, but it was worth it.

Since then, I've added a spare, which is mounted on a spare hub, just in case.

Those integrated wheels and hubs were pretty common for light trailers at one time. You can still buy them from places like Trailer Supply, but they also sell 3/4" hubs with studs for standard wheels, which is a far better idea.

A breakdown with those old integrated units can be a disaster, since it's tough to find 3/4" axle stuff in an emergency.

capt dale

Recruit

that a good idia always have something called j i c just in case

Expidia

Commander

I have a boat trailer that had wheels and hubs as single units. It had a 3/4" axle. About a week after I got it, I ordered new hubs for it that had a standard bolt pattern for standard wheels. The hubs, plus wheels and tires, cost me about $120, but it was worth it.

Since then, I've added a spare, which is mounted on a spare hub, just in case.

Those integrated wheels and hubs were pretty common for light trailers at one time. You can still buy them from places like Trailer Supply, but they also sell 3/4" hubs with studs for standard wheels, which is a far better idea.

A breakdown with those old integrated units can be a disaster, since it's tough to find 3/4" axle stuff in an emergency.

Thx, I was afraid of that. Looks like new hubs, wheels and tires. At least I have the spare already.