What do you think. Didnt use boat much last year.

dkorzun21

Chief Petty Officer
Just wondering what you guys think I should do? I only used my boat at max 15 times last year. At the beginning of last season I had a new gimbel bearing ,bellows, impeller, bilge pump, steering cable and all oils changed and was wondering since I didn't use the boat that much last year if I should change the oil or not? Also when I used the boat 15 times max I didn't do much driving more sand bar partying and some tubing.
Let me know what you guys think and also what do I have to my boat to un winterize it?

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What do you think. Didnt use boat much last year.

I would change the oil, its cheap and is still a year old. I still change my truck oil twice a year even when it hasn't seen 1000 miles.

Terry

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Agreed, Id change the oil too. Simply becase all that sittin and short trippin can build up a good amount of condensation in the block. Its a $45 bit of reassurance.

RL Gman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

+1 on the other two posts...plus, I would change the lower unit oil as well (maybe the other guys meant that oil as well when they said to change it). Its so easy to do, and that way you can look and ensure no water ever made it into the unit...I actually check that everytime I get back in...