I must confess

skargo

Banned
I was lacking in the common sense on my trailer. I was running with no spare for my tandem trailer.
I'm happy to report I bought a spare tire mount today while I was in the Tractor Supply Co. It was $29.99 at TSC, and 17.99 at Harbor Freight.

Why did I spend $12 extra you may be asking? :confused:

1231977520_made_in_usa1.jpg

That's right baby, made in the U.S.A.!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I must confess

1231977520_made_in_usa1.jpg

That's right baby, made in the U.S.A.!

yeah baby!!! :D

Guess I know where I'll be goin to get 3 for my trailers!!! none have a way to mount spare yet. Course one just sits in the yard :redface:

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Great. It's always nice to have the spare mounted to the trailer. +1 for buying USA, too.
But I have to ask.....are you also gonna buy a SPARE TIRE?? :D

reelfishin

Captain

I guess not all TSC stores carry all Chinese trailer stuff? The one here looks like a load of relabeled Harbor Freight items. I needed a set of bearings in a pinch and they were the only place that had 1 1/6" bearings in stock, they were made in China, no brand bearings for $24 per set. Packed in a bubble pack with a yellow label. The same goes for the rest of the stuff, even the Reese hitches and balls said China on them. I don't mind paying a bit more for good American Made stuff but not for Chinese junk with an American brand label on it.

They are good for hardware, probably the cheapest around but not much in their trailer isle here is US made with the exception of some wheels and a few tongue jacks that I saw. If I have to buy Chinese junk, it had better be priced accordingly.

skargo

Banned

Great. It's always nice to have the spare mounted to the trailer. +1 for buying USA, too.
But I have to ask.....are you also gonna buy a SPARE TIRE?? :D
I have 4 of them next to my garage!

I guess not all TSC stores carry all Chinese trailer stuff? The one here looks like a load of relabeled Harbor Freight items. I needed a set of bearings in a pinch and they were the only place that had 1 1/6" bearings in stock, they were made in China, no brand bearings for $24 per set. Packed in a bubble pack with a yellow label. The same goes for the rest of the stuff, even the Reese hitches and balls said China on them. I don't mind paying a bit more for good American Made stuff but not for Chinese junk with an American brand label on it.

They are good for hardware, probably the cheapest around but not much in their trailer isle here is US made with the exception of some wheels and a few tongue jacks that I saw. If I have to buy Chinese junk, it had better be priced accordingly.

Yep, sadly, TSC carries a whole bunch of Chinese stuff too. I was pleasantly surprised.