Caught a Fishing Pole

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well i took my Craig Cat out for a few hours fishing last week and was doing pretty good. <br /><br />I had one pole rigged for live bait and one with a saltwater spinner on it. Now my live bait pole is a cheap but strong little set up and my other is a very nice combo that i speant more than i should have on lol. <br /><br />i had my live bait pole out and in a holder and was throwing my spinner out whenever i trolled by a nice looking spot. <br /><br />Looked over and saw i had hooked a fish on the live pole set the other pole down and went to reel in the fish it was begger than what i thought so i twisted the trolling motor around and swung the front around.<br /><br />I looked down intime to see my good pole go flying right off the boat as the spinner bait must have slipped off and fell into the prop of the trolling motor and that jerked the whole thing off the front of the boat. lol <br /><br />So i am sitting there with a red fish fighting for his life and my mouth hanging open as it dawned on my what has happened. i quickly get the red in and off and check the trolling motor hoping that the line is wrapped around the prop and that it did not snap off but of course it has.<br /><br />I troll back to the spot i lost the pole at and check to see how deep it was and how fast the surrent is going and figure that i will have to drag along the bottom with something to find it. <br /><br />So get out a large spoon with a treble hook and weigh it down with a couple tri wieghts and hook it to a 20 foot piece of light line i have and troll back and forth trying to hook my pole. <br /><br />I hook something pull it up and it's a penn baitcaster on a nice pole that does not look to have been in the water more than a couple days if that. <br /><br />Spend a little over an hour doing it all and head back to the ramp with out my pole but a nice penn reel :) <br /><br />load my boat and walk over to have some lunch, eat and came back and see a guy loading his boat up and looked like he could use so help so i go over and help him load up and when he is out he said that he had lost his favorite reel the day before and he came back with some dive gear to find it but did not but he did find a nice spinning reel..<br /><br />I did not belive the luck when he pulled my reel out of the boat and i laughed walked over to my boat and grabbed his reel we had a good laugh and decided that we had to become fishing buddys and are going out next week.

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Caught a Fishing Pole

That is wild!! Something like that happens one in a million.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol that is great... try doing that on purpose now :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

WOW... thats pretty cool.... I'm not too sure that the two of you should be in the same boat... loosin poles and all like that. :D

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well i have a good excuse for mine small boat that i am getting used to. <br /><br />But i love it so far just need to find a place for everything :) <br /><br />That and fish with one pole at a time lol