omc cobra shift cable

duckhead

Recruit
Hello:
I have a queastion on a OMC Cobra drive shift cable is frayed needs to be replaced. I guess the adjustment is creucial my fault for not buying another alpha drive. Anyway I heard the measurment is 7 13/16 I beleive .I have it wrote down at home. But from where and does that measurement come from. Does anyone have pics on this or correct measurement . I would greatly appreciate it.I would go buy the book but I am selling The boat as soon as I get new cable put in. E-mail me @ mmyers@teintl.net or post reply

Thanks for any help Marty

Rat Capri

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: omc cobra shift cable

Hello:
I have a queastion on a OMC Cobra drive shift cable is frayed needs to be replaced. I guess the adjustment is creucial my fault for not buying another alpha drive. Anyway I heard the measurment is 7 13/16 I beleive .I have it wrote down at home. But from where and does that measurement come from. Does anyone have pics on this or correct measurement . I would greatly appreciate it.I would go buy the book but I am selling The boat as soon as I get new cable put in. E-mail me @ mmyers@teintl.net or post reply

Thanks for any help Marty

i thinink it's 6" something, I have the procedure at home..it's measured from the cable ferrule to the center of the shifter clevis pin

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: omc cobra shift cable

If you have never replaced this cable before, I highly recommend buying a factory service manual.

In addition, read this guy's site. Has a lot of useful info.
http://www.hastings.org/~stuart/cobra/

Marty, you really want to remove your email from your post.