Sea Water Pump Belt Help

pennyduke

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1993 Bayliner 2452 with a 5.0L Mercruiser and a Gen 2 outdrive. I'm changing the belts and cant get the Sea water pump belt off. I found the bolt in the long bracket that goes across the front of the motor and loosened it but the pump won't move. I searched about 10 pages and found nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sea Water Pump Belt Help

If you have a gen 2 outdrive, you don't have a sea water pump on your engine. Its in your drive.

pennyduke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have both. The one on the outdrive dumps into the sea and I have a closed cooling system.

Bondo

Staff member

I'm changing the belts and cant get the Sea water pump belt off. I found the bolt in the long bracket that goes across the front of the motor and loosened it but the pump won't move.

Ayuh,.. Donno what you're workin' on, but Generally speakin',....
The unit you're loosening the adjustment bracket too,...
Also has a pivoting bolt somewhere as well... It'll need loosening too...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Maybe take a picture of what you are working on because somebody added this.

pennyduke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bond-o, Do you need more information than what I gave in the first post? I just cant find that Pivot bolt your talking about. Wolud it be in the Manual? Thanks, Mike

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the OEM manual will show you the mounting. BUT, you need a serial number, you are at a crossover year from one manual to the next. Many boats have older engines than what the boat is.

pennyduke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Engine #OF002209, Transom #OF058016,
Drive #OD899770. Does this will help. I guess I should have posted this first. Sorry

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you have a 93. Manual #17 is what you need for your engine. #14 For the drive.