Seafoam ?????

Hit N Run

Recruit
Has anyone ever used this stuff ? I have a 98 150 V6 that runs great and was thinking of pouring some of this stuff in the tank.

RLA655

Recruit
Re: Seafoam ?????

I was told that Seaform works great as a gasoline stabilizer, which today's gas needs a stabilizer if it's going to set very long. But it will also keep your engine clean, but I was also told to mix it the way the bottle says.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That stuff works great! I use it in everything from my outboards to my car to my chainsaw. I love it!

sschefer

Rear Admiral

I just read an interesting article about SeaFoam and similar products. I started using SeaFoam after reading about it here on this board and the testaments of users here.

The article broke down the contents of products like SeaFoam, Stabil, Merc Quickclean, etc. I was suprised to find that alcohol was found in nearly every product. That made me think about what a dork I'd been making sure that I steered clear of E-10 gas and then dumping SeaFoam in my tank.

When I read through the article it became clear that it's not about the alcohol it's about the chemical combination of all the ingredients. SeaFoam digests the undesirable portions of the fuel in your tank and allows them to be burnt off in the combustion chamber. E-10 disolves the naturally occuring varnishes and such but does not recombine them with the fuel like SeaFoam seems to so they end up plugging filters, carbs, etc.

The good news is that after you've cleaned your tank and upgraded all your fuel lines, filters, gaskets, etc., to E-10 rated, you can run E-10 gas and never buy another can of additive.. We'll qualifiy that with "Theory"..