Positive experience with Promariner

Tyme2fish

Commander
I bought a 3 bank charger years ago from Basspro that bit the dust. It was way out of warranty but I contacted Promariner. Promariner discounted a replacement charger for me and I installed it in my Stratos.

The replacement charger (that I paid for) was bought in September 2009 and I found it to be defective in that it would not shut off. It would boil the battery fluids out if I didn't unplug it.

Via Promariner's website I explained my problem and they shipped a replacement unit to me at no charge as the defective charger was still under warranty.

I found Promariner to be professional and a customer savvy company with which to deal

:D:D Hats off to Promariner

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Postive experience with Promariner

Great to know! iboats deals in Promariner too in the store.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

My old Motorguide Maxi 26 2-bank onboard took a crap and I'm in the market, so that is some useful info right there.

waterinthefuel

Commander

My dad just installed a promariner 3 bank charger in his boat. What model did you have so much trouble with?

Tyme2fish

Commander

My dad just installed a promariner 3 bank charger in his boat. What model did you have so much trouble with?

It was/is the Prosport20 Plus Triple bank 20 amp charger. The one I received in September took about 2 days before it indicated via the green light that my batteries were charged. I just assumed that my batteries had gotten that much discharged. It finally indicated charge was full.

After that initial charge, I noticed that I could hear the battery acid "bubbling" in the batteries even though the indicator lights on the charger did not change to automatic mode and quit charging.

My new replacement charger took 1 hour to indicate full charge and stays in the automatic mode with the green light indicator.

Defective unit? That's what I thought but Promariner didn't argue and sent a replacement with a return shipping label for UPS at no charge to me.

ProMarJim

Cadet

It was/is the Prosport20 Plus Triple bank 20 amp charger. The one I received in September took about 2 days before it indicated via the green light that my batteries were charged. I just assumed that my batteries had gotten that much discharged. It finally indicated charge was full.

After that initial charge, I noticed that I could hear the battery acid "bubbling" in the batteries even though the indicator lights on the charger did not change to automatic mode and quit charging.

My new replacement charger took 1 hour to indicate full charge and stays in the automatic mode with the green light indicator.

Defective unit? That's what I thought but Promariner didn't argue and sent a replacement with a return shipping label for UPS at no charge to me.

Tyme2fish,

Thank you for the positive spin on a poor situation.

We are always happy to help to any capacity and please be assured that we are now in the 3rd generation of the ProSport product and they get better and better with each passing year.

All the best and happy fishing.

Contact me any time.