Where to buy an ignition

80skeys

Seaman Apprentice
Can someone tell me where to find an ignition for a 70's model Merc 900 (tower of power) and roughly how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks.

arsenalpsu

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Where to buy an ignition

Can someone tell me where to find an ignition for a 70's model Merc 900 (tower of power) and roughly how much I should expect to pay?

Thanks.

What part of the Ignition are you looking for?? The price will vary greatly depending on what parts you need, but i'd get a quote off the two people below:

Thom: frankenmerc@comcast.net
OR
Wayne: cc-marine@earthlink.net

Both of these guys have a huge inventory of used parts and pretty good pricing for the old towers. Get a quote off both and go with who's the best price.

80skeys

Seaman Apprentice

I need the switch box and the wiring harness. Thanks for the emails contacts - I'll write to them now and see if they have it.

Thanks!

80skeys

Seaman Apprentice

I'm sorry, this outboard is actually a 1976. Serial no. 4546929.

80skeys

Seaman Apprentice

Thom: frankenmerc@comcast.net
OR
Wayne: cc-marine@earthlink.net

Both of these guys have a huge inventory of used parts and pretty good pricing for the old towers. Get a quote off both and go with who's the best price.

You weren't kidding. I emailed both, and Wayne was the first to reply. I'm really impressed with him. He's right on top of things and doesn't fool around. He had both parts available, gave a me a good price on them, I emailed him a Paypal payment. ... It's a done deal.

Thanks a bunch for these references.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Wayne is an iboats member and a sincere tower of power guru ;)