Grilling Recipes on the Boat

Hey all,
I was reading the archives I decided to pick up a magma grill for the boat. I remember reading in the threads that everyone talked about how it would be a good to have a thread on recipes that would work well on a boat. I have the basics down like burgers and brats.

What works well for you all on the boat? I was looking for some ideas that are little prep or pre-prep then get on the water and grill...

Thanks

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Grilling Recipes on the Boat

Hey all,
I was reading the archives I decided to pick up a magma grill for the boat. I remember reading in the threads that everyone talked about how it would be a good to have a thread on recipes that would work well on a boat. I have the basics down like burgers and brats.

What works well for you all on the boat? I was looking for some ideas that are little prep or pre-prep then get on the water and grill...

Thanks

I started one in the dock side chat area under the culanery zone, we prefer to prepare/marinate meat and veggies before going out.
Its one less thing to do and less to clean up.:)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Here are some things we like when out on the water:

1) Small fat steaks that have been marinading in teriyaki in zip-lock bags for 3 days. Med-high heat, 6 minutes per side = medium rare to medium. Add fresh veggies and potato salad. What a feast!

2) Quarter pound hot dogs from the deli. Split them length wise and grill face down. Chili & cheese on top (can you feel your heart attack yet?). Coleslaw, chips, whatever...

3) Shrimp on a skewer. 6 large shrimp, brush with butter & garlic, salt & pepper, and cajun seasoning. Grill 2-3 minutes per side depending on heat.

4) You can never go wrong with burgers.

Just about anything you would cook on the grill at home will work fine and always tastes better on the boat.

Don't forget the beer!

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer

We do aluminum foil dinners while camping all the time, i cant see why they wouldn't work on a boat. Put whatever you want in the foil, place in cooler and when its time to grill just remove from cooler and put on grill. When finished through it all away. EASY :D

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

chicken cutlets grill up super quick. zip lock with whatever marinade your into. or grab a top round london broil and slice it raw. get a pack of bamboo skewers and make steak on a stick. you can split em up and marinate in a couple different flavors. rare and well done folk are both pleased. or bbq sauce either one while cooking. a thin pork loin with 1 inch wide slices 3/4 through rubbed down with jerk seasoning cooks fast as well. lastly here is one of my favorite concoctions. i call them paulies triple hots. hot sausage pattys bbq'd with a mix of Sweet Baby Rays HOT & SPICY bbq sauce and some tabasco or other hot sauce mixed in. top with a slice of mozzarella and let melt. serve on a potato roll with sliced hot and sweet banana peppers on top. yeah, i like to eat. :D

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

hot sausage pattys bbq'd with a mix of Sweet Baby Rays HOT & SPICY bbq sauce and some tabasco or other hot sauce mixed in. top with a slice of mozzarella and let melt. serve on a potato roll with sliced hot and sweet banana peppers on top. yeah, i like to eat. :D

That's dinner Saturday out at the island...:)

seaboo

Petty Officer 1st Class

My favorite (prep @ home then grill on boat). Chicken breast chunks rolled in brown sugar and chipolata pepper (go light on the chipolata--it's kinda warm) wrapped in bacon held together with toothpick.

Also shrimp and applewood bacon skewers with bbq sauce dribbled on it.

ps as you can tell I like bacon!!! :D

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've heard undersize and out of season fish cook up pretty well on a grill too. :lol:

And no I don't have a grill on the boat. Only joking. :)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I've heard undersize and out of season fish cook up pretty well on a grill too. :lol:

And no I don't have a grill on the boat. Only joking. :)

I believe that's known as the "Filet & Release" program. :D