Evinrude 175 intruder 1995 occassional hiccupp and stalling

cfmartin

Recruit
I have a problem with my 1995 evinrude 175 intruder. It starts right up and seems to run fine, but occasionally it will kind of miss and sometimes stall as if it is not getting any fuel. It seems to happen if I have have ran it for a little bit then shut it down for a while.After it stalls out it will start right back up and it is kind of hit and miss for awhile. Could this be heat soak? I was going to try to replace the fuel filter, but I didn't know if I would be wasting my time. Any thoughts?

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Evinrude 175 intruder 1995 occassional hiccupp and stalling

Try removing the engine hood to let it cool down, let it idle a for a bit and pump the bowls full of cold fuel when you stop, see if it starts up easier and stays running.

71Windsor

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would also check your float heights on each carb. I did my deal of chasing this around to find that one carb had a wrong float height.

Tbonus

Seaman Apprentice

I would recommend a carburetor rebuild. I had a very similar problem and the rebuild kit knowcked it out.

cfmartin

Recruit

Thanks for the info. I am going fishing this weekend and will try some different things. I also heard that some people were having trouble with their kill switch.