Starcraft 60's-70's and motor restoration

Nasbinator

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I'm new to this forum but this looks like the place I need to be. I bought this old starcraft boat for $100 because of the shape it was in. Its basically done now and I've had it out on the water twice. I was wondering what people can tell me about this boat. From checking online the best I can come up with is that it is a Starcraft Jet. Maybe early 70's. The motor I believe is a 1961 40hp johnson seahorse. The boat use to have a windshield but it was cracked so I left it off. These are the before and after photos. Thanks and looking forward to comments.

Attachments

• before boat pict.jpg
    before boat pict.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
  • starcraft.jpg
    starcraft.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • starcraft motor.jpg
    starcraft motor.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1
  • boat and explorer.jpg
    boat and explorer.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: Starcraft 60's-70's and motor restoration

The before looks much like my Jet.

Did you keep the parts you took off? Or did you replace them after the restore pics were taken?

Nasbinator

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought new parts. All the chrome was so pitted I did'nt know how to save it. I then bought some reasonably priced seats out of overtons. I'm looking forward to taking it out to the lake again because I had to do some motor work and looking forward to see how it runs. Your boat looks great. Do you know about what year yours is?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hello, I'm new to this forum but this looks like the place I need to be. I bought this old starcraft boat for $100 because of the shape it was in.

Let's recap. You bought an old Starcraft for $100. Yup, came to the right place!!!!

Love your rig man! That is exactly the sort of deal I am fishing for! (pun sorry)

Welcome to iboats and the Starcraft Club o' weirdos!