Help identifying an Old Boat

djt283

Cadet
I've been looking for an old boat as a good project and I came across this a few houses down from a friend. I'm looking for help identifying it to see if it's even worth inquiring about it. Can't get a view any higher without going on the owner's property so hopefully this picture will be good enough to get some help.

Thanks!

IMG_0024.JPG

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help identifying an Old Boat

Ayuh,... You're Right,... It's an Old Boat

The name is pretty much irrelevant...
How Rotten it is, is Relevant...

djt283

Cadet

All I know for sure is it's been lifted like that for at least 5 years and who knows what for the previous 40. I'm assuming everything wood (floor/transom/stringers, etc.) is shot. Obviously it needs a lot of work, but the fiberglass hull looks decent...no idea about the cap. I'm looking for a free boat to spend a lot of time on, but I'd like to start with something that I could sell later if I wanted to.

So if it's an old starcraft, glastron, etc. it would be worth checking out in more detail...I think

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

if your looking to repair it to use youll be ok, if you want to repair it to sell for profit fugetabotit, youll have more time in it than you can ever get back monetarily, if your lucky you "may" recoup your $$$ investment.
it really doesnt matter who the mfg is

djt283

Cadet

No, I'm not looking for a profit. I just want to buy a boat that if I need to sell it in the future it will be a name that I can sell.