pick up stem

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: pick up stem

A little more information, please. What kind of tank? Built-in? Portable? I don't recognize the term "pick up stem," either. Can you describe it for us so we can figure out what part you're talking about?

darbo1

Recruit

what I am referring to as the pick up is the stem that picks the fuel out of the tank and sends it to the motor the tank is built in from the mfg. it is in a 1998 hydrosports boat Ive been having a fuel starvation alarm going off and some people suggested I change the pickup and antisiphon valves to start with and go from there to the motor.

Thanks

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

we STILL need lots of details..... look at your fuel tank and the fuel hose take a picture and post it.... honestly though at this point you sound like you need a mechanic.... you don't just change parts without diagnosing the problem first....

CATransplant

Admiral

what I am referring to as the pick up is the stem that picks the fuel out of the tank and sends it to the motor the tank is built in from the mfg. it is in a 1998 hydrosports boat Ive been having a fuel starvation alarm going off and some people suggested I change the pickup and antisiphon valves to start with and go from there to the motor.

Thanks

Unless "some people" are boat mechanics, I wouldn't give them much credence. "Some people" say lots of things that are inaccurate and wrong.

I believe I'd look first at your fuel filter or water separator. That's far more likely to cause a fuel restriction. Even better, have someone else look at it.