Hi, my name is Erik...

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class
I figured this would be a good place to formally introduce myself. What better way than to tell everyone how dumb I am. I was invited to spend a long weekend with my buddy's family and some friends on lake Cumberland. We were set for a great time. 60' rented houseboat, 22' Four Winns open bow and a large Sea Doo. We launched and spent about an hour looking for a quiet inlet that we could claim as our own for a while. We found a beautiful cove and my buddy's uncle gave me the thumbs up and proceeded to toss a line to me so I could tie up to the houseboat. It fell a bit short, hit the water right in front of me and before I could hit the kill switch, about 15' of line got sucked into the pump case and stalled the engine. Needless to say, we had to flip the Sea Doo over and here I am hanging off the nose while my buddy is digging through the ride plate, cutting out the nylon with a steak knife. He's p!ssed and I'm embarrassed. Next thing I know I can smell gasoline, I look around and there's a pool of gas spreading around us. After all is said and done, we both have chemical burns on our upper torsos and proceeded to medicate ourselves with beer. :rolleyes: I'm still not sure who's fault it was, you guys can probably figure it out. Anywho, nice to meet y'all!

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hi, my name is Erik...

Erik, don't worry...it's not your fault....Neptune has a reminder for all of us -now and then- that he's the water-bossman. Cheers!<br />Frank

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to I-boats! Welcome to being human.<br /><br />Bob

salty87

Commander

that's a good one, haven't read about that before. taking a seadoo out of action too....good work!! ;)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

What an idiot :eek: ;) :cool: Now you know how I feel when I almost sink my boat sans plug or "baptize" the tie downs. It happens. <br />Welcome to Iboats.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

So are you saying that if I "accidently" "drop" a rope in front of a jet flee it will knock it out for an hour so?<br /><br />Not that I would really really want to know but where should the rope be accidently be dropped?<br /><br />Should the rope be floating, suspended or sinking?<br /><br />Really I am just curious....

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL! Thanks for the welcome, guys. Tomatolord, to satisfy your "curiousity," a loose, floating line dropped directly in front of the jet ski will definitely take it out for a good while!

Twidget

Commander

Thanks for clearing up Tomatolords curiosity. It saved me from asking. :)

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

The good die young, us stupids will live forever. Welcome to IBOATS.

rwise

Captain

I'm gona havta check my rope and make sure it floats :rolleyes: