Life is short, enjoy it...

skargo

Banned
Petra was a customer, and consignor at our shop. Very sweet, kind lady with a great German accent. She was a joy to talk to, a church organist, and helped people hard on their luck by donating/volunteering at a half way house. A quality human being for sure :(
She lived nearby, and recently moved to NJ to be near her daughter and grandkids. I spoke with her maybe 20 times, and by the way I feel, I can't imagine what her family is going through.

We are very sad, but I find myself getting angrier and angrier every time I think about this. :mad::mad:

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...f-raping-murdering-Old-Bridge-church-organist

Please, look around you, life is happening all the time. If you know any ladies living alone make sure they own a big dog and know how to operate a shotgun.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Life is short, enjoy it...

That is a pathetic human being who did that...maybe human is giving him too much credit.

skargo

Banned

No question about it, that is not a human's behavior. No one deserves what Petra went through.

I can understand when people go off and seek revenge on someone that does this to your wife/mother/sister/daughter/whoever, things like this make me question a lot of things about life.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I am an eye for an eye type of guy.

mphy98

Lieutenant

And some people are against the death penalty. :mad:

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was so angry when I first read this that I could not repond right away and I never new Petra. My condolences to all who knew her.

We must never forget that there are EVIL people. I don't understand how anyone could do this but the fact remains that it happens.

It's good advice about the dog and shotgun. We must all help take care of those around us as well.

I just hope the law does what it can (forever in a cell at leat) on Petra's behalf.

again Skargo, many people share your sadness and anger,
Brent

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Horrible news :mad:

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thats very sad!

They should do the samething to him!!!!

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

Society needs to increase the severity of punishment for violent crime......

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, that's really terrible. My condolences.
One of the (many) reasons I live and work in Pa is because we can legally defend ourselves and family from wackos like that. Unfortunately, New Jersey did not allow Petra that choice.
That makes me angry.

shuswap119

Seaman

For those of you in the Las Cruces / El Paso area you may have read about my wifes uncle and aunt that were slain in thier home last week. When bad things happen to good people it really makes you wonder. We are thankful we had a chance to travel with them to Saltillo Mexico last year. As the thread suggests, enjoy the time you are given.

Regards,

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i still believe public hanging, then leave them hanging for the vultures, etc. this just might slow this type activity.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

According to court records, Hayes did more than one stint in state prison. Most recently, he spent a year and seven months there until May 2009 for an aggravated assault.

Earlier, in 1997, he was sentenced to five years in prison for aggravated arson.

He pleaded guilty to another arson in 2003 but received no jail time. There was a burglary in 2004 and an assault in 2006, both downgraded to disorderly persons offenses. He had obstruction charges brought against him in 2004 and 2006.

Sounds like the system was really working here. :mad:

LadyFish

Admiral

What a horrible tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those who lives she touched along the way.

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer

What a wonderful world we live in these days. Is it just me or does this type of thing seem to happen much more frequently now as opposed to 20-30 years ago??

skargo

Banned

What a wonderful world we live in these days. Is it just me or does this type of thing seem to happen much more frequently now as opposed to 20-30 years ago??
I think a lot has to do with the world being so small these days thanks to the internet and news media. 20-30 years ago we got our news from the 6 11 newscasts and daily papers.

Still seems to be more monsters and creeps out there though.