'86 60hp leaky fuel pump

Dewey Hatcher

Recruit
I have fuel leaking out of my fuel pump when I prime with the hose bulb and also when I run the engine. Had the same problem on the first start of the engine last year and it stopped after a minute or so. No problems the rest of the year. Leaking again this year and tapping on fuel pump does not help. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem. Engine is a 1986 60HP 3 cyl Model J60TLCD. Ran Sea-Foam with last tank of fuel last year. THANKS.....

CaptainHook

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '86 60hp leaky fuel pump

This is a VRO motor I believe???? If so I don't know of any other solution besides replacing the pump. I looked a bit and it seems that BRP doesn't sell a gasket or seal kit for the vro pump.

Dewey Hatcher

Recruit

I have removed the pump and it appears the leak(s) may be just old hose which I have ordered replacements for. I can't locate a part number for the small hose that goes to the carb line off of the elbow fitting. Is it just standard 1/4" hose or is it 3/16" which will be harder to locate??????

Dewey Hatcher

Recruit

Hose size is 5/32 which auto part houses do not stock. Can be purchased from boat shops...............