Need help picking out electronics for my brand new boat

tmg1

Cadet
Hi,
I've been looking at many sonar units and am thoroughly confused. What I am really looking for is a dependable GPS/sonar combo with the best downward imaging possible without spending a huge fortune. I'm not really interested in the side scan, just the best, clearest picture under my boat. Any advice? Thanks,
Chad:confused:

Expidia

Commander
Re: Need help picking out electronics for my brand new boat

I just went through this picking out a combo for my Daughters boat. I went with the Humminbird 587 CI (C is for color, I is for internal GPS antenna).

They also have a cheaper version something like the 385 I think (the 300 series). Same unit tad smaller screen. Little less resolution. But for the price it can't be beat. Search around thru Google for the cheapest price. The 587 went up $10. I found it for $418, I think it's $427 now. The 385 CI is $387. Iboats won't price match electronics.

If you are a fisherman or want to use it to navigate around a lake you can get a few year old Navionics SD card for it off Ebay for $50-$75. You want the Hotmaps version (not the more expensive Hotmaps Premium) Same maps, just 1 year older on the Hotmaps regular version.

Check out the thread:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=384484