15HP SeaKing starving for fuel at high rpm

xjchoad95

Cadet
Hi All,

I have a 1980, 15HP SeaKing by Chrysler motor. Runs great at idle and low rpm. Problem is mid to full throttle "bogging" due to insufficient fuel. Pull choke part way and motor runs great at high rpm but too rich at idle.

Any suggestions?

Just came out of storage for 2 years. Rebuilt fuel pump, changed fuel lines, cleaned tank and filled with new 50:1, new plugs, new water pump, new primer bulb, carb leaned with a full can of Chemtool. Starts first pull and will troll all day long. Just bogs and won't plane 14' aluminum boat unless choke is pulled part or all the way.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 15HP SeaKing starving for fuel at high rpm

Just spraying stuff into a carb won't clean it.
The jets need to be removed and all the little holes need to be unblocked.J

xjchoad95

Cadet

Thanks JerryJerry05.

I had a feeling this might be the case.

Problem is, I don't know how to remove the jet. There is a very small diameter tube running inside the jet. Can't get a screwdriver on it because this tube hangs down about an 1/8". Do I just custom grind a slot in the middle of a screwdriver so I can unscrew the jet? I don't want to do something wrong and destroy my carb.

Can I just add a fuel treatment to the tank to clean the carb as I drive around? New to 2 strokes so not sure if this is ok or not.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Not sure why the repair on the screwdriver???
If you put an additive in the fuel it might disolve those rock hard deposits in about 15 years.
Post a pic of the jets and float etc.J