1981 Seabreeze?

DevonS

Seaman
I posted this in the Restoration forum originally... sorry for the repeat.

hey boat gurus! My wife's uncle is looking to get rid of a boat he bought last year and never had in the water. I spoke to him briefly yesterday and don't yet own a boat so I didn't know all the questions to ask, but here's what I got:

it's a 1981 Seabreeze (?)
about 14 feet (maybe, not sure... could be closer to 16)
50 HP outboard (no idea on make)

Anyway, I have not seen it yet since he lives out of town. I kind of want to have an idea of what this thing may be before going out there. Any searching I've done says Seabreeze was a Lyncraft name from the late 60's. What else could this thing be then?

I'm going to check out the stickies, but it's always easier to just ask a couple questions.
- is a 14' boat with 50HP sufficient to pull an average adult out of the water on skis or a wakeboard?
- are there any particular engines to avoid?
- how do I check for rot and where?
- are there any other general tire-kicking (or prop kicking I guess) things to do when looking at an old boat?

crazyinkc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1981 Seabreeze?

Not enough info yet to answer your question. A little 14ft fiberglass fish and ski with a light load and a properlly propped and runnig engine should pull a skier. As you add that extra foot, your chances go down. Is it aluminium or fiberglass? Try to get more details and we can give you a better answer