90 HP Force question

RGB5645

Cadet
I just uncovered the boat to get ready for summer use.
Just used the boat once last year after I purchased it so I'm not to up the outboards as my last boat was a I/O

Put the water clamp over the water intake, turned the water on and all.
Motor started right up but did not run it very long as I could not remember where the water is discharged from the motor, Is there only one water intake
on the motor??

Does the motor have to be in gear for the impeller to work

Had a new impeller wheel put in last year so I know that should be okay.
Just do not want to take any chance's.
In the attached photo, the bottom louvers is the water intake, right. what is the top silver plate.

Attachments

• DSCN0409.JPG
    DSCN0409.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 0

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: 90 HP Force question

You have it right. The louvered area shown in the bottom left is the intake and that is where your cooling 'muffs' or 'clamp' connects to and/or through.
The Silver looking part in the upper right is simply an zinc anode to limit galvanic corrosion on the lower part of the motor.
When you run the motor make sure the water is on with good pressure....do not run the motor dry...its hard on the water pump impeller. You should see a small amount of coolant coming from the upper 'pee' holes in the back of the vertical cowling/cover. However, don't expect full flow like you would see at a like with the motor fully immersed.:)
Good luck
BP:):cool:

RGB5645

Cadet

Bigprairie1

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to make sure I did not screw something up.

This motor is on 1972 Silverline Bowrider which is in good shape. Need to get my ducks in a row so I can get on the water.

Attachments

• Dscn0293.jpg
    Dscn0293.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0

milehighboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice rig, cute dog too. Keep in mind it will take a few seconds for the water to start to come out the tall tale ~30 seconds max though.