need help on twin 225 optimax XL 2001

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
hello fellows, i am posting this for my friend, he perchase 28 foot mako last season with twin 225 optimax XL 2001 .

one motor is fine, the other one runs normal at low rpm s when the motor is under load the rpm start to fluctuate giving it more throttle stabilize it a bit.
as the rpm increase the motor burns 7to 9 gallion of gas per hour more than the starboard motor.

starboard engine at 4500 rpm = 10 gph
port engine 17 to 19 gph at this time the motor would still randomly fluctuate causing a big lost of power.

any info would be helpful at this time the stripebass season open today and boy they are getting some nice cows lol

any info will be well taken thanks.

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
Re: need help on twin 225 optimax XL 2001

ok was helping out my buddy today , i am a io guy so messing with this engine is not what i wants to do, any way we pop the cover off and i fount two bad spark plugs wires one is crack open, the other wire , the booth that clips on the plug, inside was so rust up i dont know how that motor even started. i told my buddy he needs a set of wires and some new plugs, that ll i can do on this motor antil the mechanic comes back from vacation.

without the service manual i dont know much, so can someone kindly tells me the right plug/wires for this motor. i know the plug is ngk .

thanks

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer
Re: need help on twin 225 optimax XL 2001

update boat is running fine , change plugs and wires bulb cet regular tune up now she is running fine.