My first boat need some help

cheetah90

Seaman
I just bought a 1990 Cheetah 1700 LS open bow I/O,engine is 3.0 mer cruiser with alpha one gen II out drive. My question is does anyone know anything about these boats? i cant find anything on them? history, pictures,reviews,etc online. would just like to know about them and see some pictures of others. I know it was purchased new from a marina in Lake Orion Michigan. any info on these boats would be cool. Thanks!

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: My first boat need some help

Have you looked through Cheetahboats.net?

Found it in a quick Google search

cheetah90

Seaman

Thanks, but Yes and found no info on my boat.

CATransplant

Admiral

I just bought a 1990 Cheetah 1700 LS open bow I/O,engine is 3.0 mer cruiser with alpha one gen II out drive. My question is does anyone know anything about these boats? i cant find anything on them? history, pictures,reviews,etc online. would just like to know about them and see some pictures of others. I know it was purchased new from a marina in Lake Orion Michigan. any info on these boats would be cool. Thanks!

It can be difficult to find much information on boats that new. They're not classics and they're too old to have an active group of owners who talk about them. They're sort of orphans when it comes to finding out information.

In 1990, there wasn't an Internet, so there's no old, archived stuff you can look at. It's a problem for people looking for info. Best you can do is find forums where there's a Cheetah boats section, and start asking questions. Eventually someone who knows something may be able to help you.

There's some information here on iboats, but it's hard to find. Try this link:

http://www.iboats.com/Cheetah_Boats/bp/20br1102

cr2k

Captain

What kind of help do you need? Are you having problems or need maintenance/service info?