help reviving 61 starflite 3 75 hp

zero410

Recruit
im in the process of trying to get a 1961 75 hp starflite 3 running again.this motor came on a 1960 lone star holiday that i recently bought and am in the process of fixing up also.ive been reading the repair manual for this motor to become familiar with it.to the best of my knowledge this motor hasnt been run in many years and was seized up when i brought it home.i managed to break it loose after only a day of soaking it it kroil penetrating oil.I've done a compression check and 3 of the cylinders measure 80 and the other 1 measures 85.is this compression ok for this motor?I also checked for spark and only the port side has spark nothing on starboard side.even if i switch plugs around still nothing on starboard side.Am i correct that this is probably due to bad points?from what i can tell from the manual this only has 1 coil.I havent tore into the ignition yet as i dont fully understand how to get it retimed yet.im in the process of replacing all the hoses and such right now.probably go through the carbs and replace the water pump impellor also.the manual i have also says to use a 50/1 fuel ratio is this correct?I have read some places that say 24/1.here are a couple of pictures and thanks for the help in advance.
evinrudepic1.jpg

evinrudepic.jpg

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: help reviving 61 starflite 3 75 hp

Very well could be the breaker points. There are two sets of them, each firing two cylinders.

Timing is no big deal. Look at it before you take it apart. There are marks on the flywheel and cylinder block. When they are aligned, the mark on the magneto pulley should be aligned with the safety switch button. Now that you know how it is supposed to look, go ahead and take it apart and fix it.