Starcraft Club Chat on MSN Messenger

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
With it being Spring, a number of new members, and the increasingly awesome community we seem to be building.....I think it's time to start up the Starcraft chat sessions again! We use MSN messenger which is available here:

http://windowslive.com/desktop/messenger

Download it, install it, and create a Windows Live account. You can then update your iboats profile with your MSN ID (I think this is typically your email address, at least mine is) and then you'll have a little MSN icon next to your name as you can see I have.

There isn't a chat "room" that you can just go in. Basically you just start a chat with a member and then people get added to the conversation as they sign on. This was easier in the past because Rickairmedic was ALWAYS on and could start the sessions. Right now I would think myself, CheapBoatKev, and North Beach are your best bets.

Last year a number of us were on quite often but Sunday nights at like 8-9 EST we'd have an "official" session.

I have one suggestion. On the chat we like to use our real first names. I have trouble keeping everyone straight with who they are on iboats though, but I have a solution. In the program under your profile options, there is a place for your name. In there I have "Jeremy". There's also a space for "a personal message you'd like others to see". In there I think we should put our iboats username and our boat model. So mine says "ezmobee - 18' SS".

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. Kev, hopefully you'll help me out with being online a little more often till we get this started back up again.

Of course I had this idea today and I won't be home tomorrow due to a meeting of my train club :( But I will be on fairly often (although I should be working on my boat).

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: Starcraft Club Chat on MSN Messenger

Can those of us with Macs participate? If so any idea how to set it up?

Albert

North Beach

Commander

Macs? They're almost as weird as outboards:p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

hahahaha.....
I have been a little incognito..WAIT..CBG just signed on....lol
Just like the old days..
Hell, I have insonmia most of the time anyways

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i still think we need a better chat .... something we can use to send ims to each other aswell as do a group chat room thing. if msn messenger allows all that to happen i sure cant get it figured out. would be nice to be able to sign into a chat with out having to be invited. just my thoughts

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah I agree. It would be nice if there was just a chat "room" kinda thing where we could simply pop in and see if anyone was in there.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Looks like they have it for mac hippies, I mean users, as well :p http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/messenger/default.mspx

Cool...didn't know that they decided to play nicely together:)

I haven't been on MSN live messenger in a while since my I/O(Dell PC) crashed like I/O's tend to do. My free lovin' Mac hippie machine runs like a champ.:p

I agree that the format could be better to link up in one room somewhere.

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, there are a lot of sites to create chat rooms. If you really want to go the extra mile Second Life would be interesting/weird? Imagine re-creating our boats in Second Life :p

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

On second thought, and after looking at some Second Life stuff, that would just be too weird :rolleyes:

Andy in NY

Commander

im generally logged in all the time now because i have msn on my new crackberry... just im me and if im near a computer ill hop on and chat...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Guys we had alot of fun in Live chat this year and I recomend it to any new guys . I am working on a LIVE chat group for us as I get time ( between work and working on my house :D.

Rick

Huron Angler

Admiral

Well I tried downloading the hippie version for my mac and it pulls up Roxio burning software?!? I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I chose the link for mac osx which is the right OS. My PC won't let me reinstall windows XP from my disc since my drives aren't partitioned correctly.

I have three hard drives, all internal, one for programs, one for data and one old one because it has old pictures on it. Out of the three none are partitioned to install anything.

I don't expect anyone to be able to tell me what to do, just wanted to post a mini rant:D

Maybe I'll just steal Roslynn's laptop and forget about the big desktops;)

Anyways, I will catch up with you guys at chat once I get these issues worked out.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

deleted ... go to hurons post for link to chat room ... scott

Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That looks great Scott!

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

i sent you an invite to your email to try it out ... maybe you are still at work ??

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

huron .... pm me your email. ill send you an invite and see if this chatzy thing will work for you too