Help! Need Carburetor Needle Seat Seal For Force 125 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone have part FK10107-3? The needle seat that was supposed to be in the carb kit I ordered was not included even though it is supposed to be according to the Mercury Parts Service Dept. The Mercury parts center now says that this seat is no longer available. I really only need the little rubber donut shape seal that fits inside the brass seat for sealing the tip of the needle. This is a model 1251X7B 1987 Force 125 . Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't let this tiny little piece be the end of this motor.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: Help! Can't Find Needle Seat For Force 125 HP

Re: Help! Can't Find Needle Seat For Force 125 HP

I know of a Mercury needle valve seat part number. Not sure if it fits your application though. P/N 820719.

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help! Need Carburetor Needle Seat For Force 125 HP

Re: Help! Need Carburetor Needle Seat For Force 125 HP

Thanks but no, that will not work. I have found a few online parts dealers that show the FK10107-3 available but only to find out they do not actually have it.
I am still looking. Anyone have any suggestions or know a way to substitute or fabricate something that will work?

shytownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help! Need Carburetor Needle Seat Seal For Force 125 HP

how about kit no f10120 its a re build kit with needle, rubber donut and springs

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the suggestion. I see diagram for that and then F10170 as well. They both have the donut shape rubber piece however they are held in by a metal ring where mine has a lip on the donut itself that holds it in the seat. So I am wondering if it will work in mine. Also I am wondering if the rubber donut used on the older models will hold up to the ethanol fuels of today. Anybody have any info?

shytownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

have you tried crowleymarine.com, they show a rebuild kit for your motor

sidenberg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, I called Crowley and the Mercury Parts center for confirmation that the seat seals would be included in the kit. They both said it was but when I received the kit it was not included. Upon calling the Mercury parts center again they checked further and then said it was not included and the seat was no longer available. This is certainly the problem when working with older motors no longer in production, one has to be creative to overcome the obstacles. But I will not be defeated. This motor will run again, hopefully before the Salmon season is over or Rock Cod begins which is in 2 weeks.

FryeGuy

Recruit

Yes, I called Crowley and the Mercury Parts center for confirmation that the seat seals would be included in the kit. They both said it was but when I received the kit it was not included. Upon calling the Mercury parts center again they checked further and then said it was not included and the seat was no longer available. This is certainly the problem when working with older motors no longer in production, one has to be creative to overcome the obstacles. But I will not be defeated. This motor will run again, hopefully before the Salmon season is over or Rock Cod begins which is in 2 weeks.
Did you ever find the needle valve seat ?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That was 12 years ago.-----I am sure it was sorted out.----If you are looking for the same parts , start a new thread on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.