New boat,looking for info

bigjoe1986

Recruit
I just bought a Cadoret boat last week from a buddy but when looking for info online icannot find anything on it anywhere or the actual model name.It is roughly about a 15-16 ft speedboat similar to the style of the sunray boats.Cant remember the year but i would guess maybe early 90s?Any info i could get on this would be great if anyone has experience with these boats

bigjoe1986

Recruit
Re: New boat,looking for info

it is somewhat similar to this but higher in the back and outboard.Seats 6 if that helps any

Attachments

• Cadorette_small.JPG
    Cadorette_small.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 0

onthelake2010

Seaman

do you have serial number? It's located on the right rear of the boat (starboard).

bigjoe1986

Recruit

I think it may be worn off i seen a plate on it today around there but couldnt read anything.I will take a pic of it tomorrow.In the middle of replacing wood for seats and side mouldings

onthelake2010

Seaman

CADORETTE.jpg

Something like this?

If I haven't seen it before, someone else on this forum will be able to identify.

Take a good pic of the side and the whole back.

bigjoe1986

Recruit

that does look like it. I will take some pics tomorrow.What can you suggest to maybe bring the color back out in the hull and vinyl on seats??Staying with the same vinyl this year but probably replace it with new next year since it is so damn expensive

onthelake2010

Seaman

Start with a good boat wash, to make sure you get any dirt off the hull first.
I use a 3M Marine rubbing compound with a car polisher. Then a finishing polisher compound if needed. But generaly waxing after the first round of compound will do a very nice job of bringing her back.

The 2755 in my photos was done this way after 18 years of neglect when I purchased her. Now I just wax in the spring.

onthelake2010

Seaman

that does look like it. I will take some pics tomorrow.What can you suggest to maybe bring the color back out in the hull and vinyl on seats??Staying with the same vinyl this year but probably replace it with new next year since it is so damn expensive

CADORETTE 1991 Descriptions from NADA

Length: 16' Model Name/Description: SKI MASTER 160 Boat Type: Outboard Boats Hull Material: Fiberglass Beam: 6' 5" Engine: N/A Net Weight: 900
or

Length: 15' Model Name/Description: SKIPPER 156 Boat Type: Outboard Boats Hull Material: Fiberglass Beam: 6' 10" Engine: N/A Net Weight: 1050