i knew it was broke

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman
hey another stupid boating trick i did(almost my last) i have a lil 16ft plastic scanoe wheighs like 100lbs or less. we had a 9.8hp tahatsu on it and it flew like 40mph. the motor got left outside for a while and when i got to it the prob and prop nut were gone so we spent $120 on a new prop but we got a nut from hardware store. i started the motor on muffs and it sounded like it was revving full throttle but my frind said "its fine" well got the new prop on and new nut on with out a cotter pin and me and 2 friends went fishing here in great florda we have gators big ones. so i start up the motor and I WAS RIGHT throttle was stuck OPEN full throttle boat turns i get flung overboard and im watching my friends head for a rocky shore a 40MPH when it stops and all i hear is a reving motor i start swimming to oat when this old guy walks outa his house and informs me that there is a 13ft gator and im in its spot. needless to say i got my self in the boat in record time. turns out the prop came off and saved their butts. they havent been boating with me since, wounder why?