miss n money gets wet !!!

road.ripper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is my other hobby project .
After 2 years of building from scratch,
She's ready, this is her first water test for float attitude and balance test.

She is a fibeglass shallow V hull at 48" long with a 14" beam
i am running a modified homelite 25cc water cooled running on camping fuel with a 25:1 oil mixture. all balanced and blue printed, ported decked ,,, you name it i tried it ...
very little of this boat was purchased , most items and hardware are home made . thanks to my wife , her patience has been stretched a bit .

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 401.jpg
    Picture 401.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: miss n money gets wet !!!

What are you using for a tow vehicle? :D

Nice looking rig BTW.

road.ripper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well here is the tow vehicle (lol) and i have to build a trailer now ...

i will try to find the time when the wife is not looking ,, lmao...

Attachments

• Picture 158.jpg
    Picture 158.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Yu63812.jpg
    Yu63812.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

wow that looks great! Im thinking about getting into rc boats but im afraid ill like it too much and spend even more money that i dont have lol.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

This is my other hobby project .
After 2 years of building from scratch,
She's ready, this is her first water test for float attitude and balance test.

She is a fibeglass shallow V hull at 48" long with a 14" beam
i am running a modified homelite 25cc water cooled running on camping fuel with a 25:1 oil mixture. all balanced and blue printed, ported decked ,,, you name it i tried it ...
very little of this boat was purchased , most items and hardware are home made . thanks to my wife , her patience has been stretched a bit .

I've got a couple homlites sitting around that need a home, I have two in RC planes right now, also using coleman fuel! (i now run that in my weedeaters also for regular lawn trimming duties...) I've got a small .21 glow boat right now, but I'm thinking one of these days i'm going to have to build up something bigger.

and who says you can't burn jet fuel in a 2 stroke!

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

anything rc (especially anything gas powered) is going to be yet another hole into which money gets thrown...

buying them (yes them... you can never have just one), fixing them, upgrading them, buying the wife gifts because all your free time is spent obsessing over rc cars...

it gets expensive...

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

anything rc (especially anything gas powered) is going to be yet another hole into which money gets thrown...

buying them (yes them... you can never have just one), fixing them, upgrading them, buying the wife gifts because all your free time is spent obsessing over rc cars...

it gets expensive...

No crap, had a small sponsorship with Novak speed controllers (now they do everything I think)...and it still cost me a fortune (4wd buggy racing). I thought about building one to take out on the real boat..for about a second..started fishing instead. :rolleyes:

Ian