not plaining

rosser1

Petty Officer 1st Class
hey guys buddy of mine told me his boat will not plain, it has a johnson, not sure what yr and model, but in the 70-ish era. any ides.. only him in boat. runs great but will not get up on water. thanks

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: not plaining

That's easy, 70ish Johnsons won't plane a boat, its a known problem with them.

Not much info to go on there, could be many different things. I think you should at least list boat size, motor HP, is it running well, is it a new boat to him, has it done this for a long time, is it a new problem, prop issue, etc......

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Concur, you gave use "my buddies boat doesn't work right, what is wrong with it?"

Need more info, could be anything.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

hey guys buddy of mine told me his boat will not plain, it has a johnson, not sure what yr and model, but in the 70-ish era. any ides.. only him in boat. runs great but will not get up on water. thanks

"How long is a piece of string" is the question you just asked.
There are a million answers and all of them could be wrong.
The more info given the better the responses.

rosser1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know not much info. I am going to talk to him more monday. and try to help him and give you all some more info. Thanks for the help.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I know not much info. I am going to talk to him more monday. and try to help him and give you all some more info. Thanks for the help.

That's the best thing you can do. Look forward to seeing more info.

rosser1

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok not much but a little more info. 70hp johnson 70ish model no serial # found yet. sittin on a challenger 16' bass boat. um... it runs good but it has trouble getting on plain. i mean you have to throttle up and down and then back up and so on a few times before it wants to get on plain. yes it finally gets up, but not right away. What do ya'll think it might be or what it is and why its doing this.

rosser1

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry i thought this was in johnson forums sorry it in non repairs!!