sportwin and sparkplugs

ss christy

Cadet
My motor is an 66 9.5. It has j6j champion plugs in it already. Went to buy some more after doing a search and found out they discontinued these and to use j6c or j4c. Well all I could find were champion marine plugs that say jc4.
Is that the same as j4c? Its the same letters and all just different order.
The threaded part is longer on these than the j6js.
Thanks for any input.

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: sportwin and sparkplugs

J6J replacement is J6C, J4C should be the same looking plug as a J6C , the lower the number the colder the plug.

tootallofwa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My motor is an 66 9.5. It has j6j champion plugs in it already. Went to buy some more after doing a search and found out they discontinued these and to use j6c or j4c. Well all I could find were champion marine plugs that say jc4.
Is that the same as j4c? Its the same letters and all just different order.
The threaded part is longer on these than the j6js.
Thanks for any input.

Do Not use plugs that have a longer reach!! Severe engine damage can (will) result!!!
Those longer plugs are for after 70's models.

Clean those j6j's they are PRECIOUS. Soak them in vinegar for a day and see how the look. J4C J6C plugs only OK they can be RJ4C, RJ6C for resistor plugs.

ss christy

Cadet

Definatly won't use then. Bought them while I forgot the proper code sequence. I seen the J and the C and 4. Then snatched em up thinkin it was them.
thanks for the heads up. I might of been tempted to try them since I had bought em already.