sea nymph GLS195

tony6813

Seaman
Re: sea nymph GLS195

I have the same boat and had it done by a pro, its worth it, no worries and if it cracks,then I bring it back. I saw it done and its alot of work. hopes this helps

tony6813

Seaman

it was 1300.00 and its still solid and i run a 9.9 kicker also on it.

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey,
I replaced my own transom wood in one of my boats and it was a breeze. Now my other boat would be a lot harder looking it over but I could do it also if need be. I had to drill out some rivits and remove some screws and a few metal panels and then the wood was right there. I pretty much took it out and cleaned it up real good, used what was left as a template for the new one and traced it out then cut it out and put it in, screwed it, riveted it and now its just as good as new. It really made a difference in the strength of the transom and also the engine mounts better and there isnt any movement in it like there was with the old wood.

All I had to do was buy a 3/4" sheet of plywood and cut it to size and put it in the hole where the old wood was and fasten it all back together. I also bought paint and painted it all like it originally looked and I couldn't be happier. It looks a lot better and also is nice and stiff so there is no slop or play where the engine can move back and fourth or flex when you give it the gas. So I guess it depends on the boat itself and also how mechanically inclined you are. I love fixing things and there is no greater satisfaction then doing it yourself and looking at your results and feeling it when your out in the water. All it cost me was a sheet of plywood and a can of paint which was under 50 bucks...

Nick