Home From Florida

Woodyq

Seaman
Well we are again home. Gotta say it was a disappointing winter in Florida, apparently the worst weather in many, many years. Boat is now tucked in the garage and over the past few has been scrubbed, waxed, polished, vacuumed, equipment checked, oil and filter changed etc, not that I am looking forward to getting out!!!

However while there I took America's Boating Course through the San Carlos Bay unit of the the U.S. Power Squadron. Although I already hold my Pleasure Boat Certificate in Ontario I felt it would be a good refresher and it was held in a classromm which was warm!! Turned out to be an excellent course. I did indeed learn new stuff and will be a safer and more comfortable boater this summer. Also meet some fine folks so kudos to the San Carlos Bay Power Squadron.

Downside of current situation here is that the wife and I drove out last weekend to look at our favourite launch site in the river which is a short way from Lake St Clair where we do most of our boating. Water is so low right now we would not be able to launch. Hope it comes back up.

Long range forecast is super so I hope everyone has a great and safe boating season.

MushCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Home From Florida

Sorry about your rough winter! Here in the Tampa/St Pete area, it was the coldest winter on record- EVER! We averaged about 6-8 degrees below normal. To give you a perspective, we rarely run our heat, sometimes going for several years at a time without using it. This winter, we ran it for two weeks straight, and on -and-off other times. Needless to say, the boat hasn't seen the water in a good long time- working on it right now, though.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Home From Florida

Sorry it did not work out for you. Lots of dispondent people around this year, wound up drinking a lot of beer. If you remember last year was nothing to crow about with the wind.
Hope your summer up there is better than last year. Heard a lot of complaints on how cold it was. Hope you managed to get some boating in. Tomarrow will be the 4 th. sat. in a row that I can get out to the north captiva beach, things are looking up. regards FRED